Safety Week 2019:
Safety is not optional. It’s a core value in everything we do. Everyone deserves a safe workspace. Safety is more than hardhats and boots, it’s an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
MacDonald-Miller’s ongoing focus on safety emphasizes training, education, and personal discipline. With more than three hundred OSHA 30 graduates on staff and two OSHA 30 classes taught each year, our team is constantly improving its ability to recognize and avoid hazards on the job.
“It’s not always easy to do the safe thing, sometimes it takes courage to look out for your coworker as well as yourself with the pressure and demanding schedules we face in our daily jobs. It is what we do! Nothing is more important to the company then all of you. Thank you for making the correct choices every day and the hard work we all do. It’s just one of the many things we do that makes us different and the best.” – Mark Webster, Executive VP, Chief Operating Officer
Our safety policy matches an enterprise of our size with over 1,000 employees. It is available to all field hands via our computer network, CDs and in printout form. Each job has a site-specific safety program developed by our Safety Director and implemented by the field foreman and managers. A site safety person is designated at the start of each project from our OSHA 30 graduates. Our Safety Director also regularly performs on-the-spot safety inspections to review site conditions and practices. Our current EMR is 0.5800 – one of the lowest for mechanical contractors in the Washington State Fund.
- AGC Safety Excellence Award 2019
- NECA Safety Excellence Award 2018
- AGC Safety Excellence Award 2018
- AGC Safety Excellence Award 2017
- AGC Safety Excellence Award 2016
- AGC Safety Award Subcontractor Over 1.5 Million Hours 2016
- AGC Safety Excellence Award 2015
- MCAA Safety Excellence Award 2015
- MCA Safety Excellence Award 2014
- National Association of Women in Construction Region 9 Safety Award 2014
- Occupational Medicine Forum Superior Safety Award 2014
- AGC, Safety Award Top Performer for Safety & Claims Management 2014
- MCA Safety Excellence Award 2013
- MCA Safety Excellence Award 2012
- MCA Safety Excellence Award 2011