Commercial HVAC Service Journey Level Technician
Date Available: Market Driven
Salary Range: Union Scale
EEO-1 Class: Craft Workers (skilled)
Normal Work Hours: 8am - 5pm Monday thru Friday
Office Location: 7717 Detroit SW, Seattle, Washington 98106
Company Mission: To provide the optimum value for our customers' investments while assuring the growth of our company and the people who contribute to its success.
Philosophy: It is a condition of employment for all MacDonald-Miller employees to understand, accept, and support the company business philosophy and operating guidelines.
Brief Task Description
The Commercial HVAC Service Journey Level Technician performs the following:
- Maintenance, filter changes, trouble shoot, diagnose and repair on commercial package gas and electric, heat pumps, air conditioners, hydronic systems, and associated components on equipment 10 tons and under
- Consult with customers regarding problems or issues discovered while servicing their heating/air conditioning system and provide them with a written record of services performed
- Work closely with Service coordination and Foreperson to ensure that customers’ needs are fulfilled to their expectations and in a timely manner
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
The candidate must possess the following abilities, resources, and skills:
- Excellent attendance record at prior employment
- Must be able to conform to all federal, state and city licensing and certification requirements as applicable
- Excellent human relations and communications skills (verbal and written) with customers and staff
- Competent in job site safety requirements, i.e. WISHA/OSHA, OROSHA/OSHA, and be committed to safety
- Project a positive image of the company and herself/himself to customers with good grooming and hygiene habits
- Possess a valid drivers license, a clean driving record, and be in possession of all applicable licenses of the trade
- Qualify for union membership
Employee Benefit Program
Benefits are administered by the Northwest Sheet Metal Workers Health Care Trust.
- Please read all pages of this job description. If you are interested and feel you are both qualified and capable of filling this position, please fax (206) 768-4115 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org your resume to Human Resources. Your resume or application will be reviewed prior to setting up a personal interview, so please make sure your resume is up to date and includes references. If you do not have a resume, you may fill out an application at the address listed above.
- MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a non-smoking facility. MacDonald-Miller is also a drug and alcohol free workplace and tests all new hires (subject to and in accordance with union bargaining agreements).
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position would perform. All employees of MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions are expected to perform tasks as assigned by MacDonald-Miller supervisory/management personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties.