This two tower high-rise development located in Seattle’s historic Pioneer Square consists of a 23-story hotel tower and a 19-story office tower connected by an 8-story arcade/atrium with two sky bridges to connect both towers. Both phases of this high-profile project nearing completion.
Phase I includes a hotel tower with a street level restaurant space, one level of below grade parking, five level parking podium with more restaurant/ retail spaces that is topped by the hotel convention center, health/fitness facility and swimming pool. The 23-story, 282 room hotel is an Embassy Suites by Hilton and the north tower restaurant tenant is the Seattle dining icon, 13 Coins.
Phase II is called “Hawk Tower” and includes 10 floors of shell office space plus a top floor restaurant shell space with a large deck that overlooks the Seahawk Stadium. The top 6 floors have been leased to a single tenant and we are currently designing their HVAC and plumbing systems for a concurrent TI with shell construction buildout of their space.
- MacDonald-Miller began design of this project 4 years ago.
- This project will be LEED certified and incorporates many energy savings and sustainability features and systems.
- The project is designed in REVIT. MacMiller utilized 3-D design software to facilitate and lead the coordination of all MEP systems with the structure and finishes.
- This design software is integrated with our estimating database and production software to maximize the opportunity for buyout of materials, streamline the production process, and keep the project on schedule and under budget.
- The project requirements called for 4-pipe fan-coils at the guest rooms. MacMiller incorporated fan coils that utilize a single coil for heating and cooling. This technology allows the rooms to be heated with low temp heating water for greater efficiency.
- The atrium space includes in-floor radiant heating, cooling and displacement ventilation systems.
- The BMS system is our Honeywell/Niagara AX control system, engineered, and installed by MacMiller. The hotel guest rooms will have a hotel/ hospitality specific occupancy-based control and security system that knows when the guest is in the room, provides the front desk with room systems interface and includes enhancements such as a “green” button that lets housekeeping know the guest‘s environmental preferences.
- This project has involved virtually all the MacMiller departments, and ultimate success is driven by our prefabrication shop and the on-site construction team.
- Our shop has responded splendidly to all project needs including pre-fabrication of equipment skids. Special credit should be given to detailing whose expertise and hard work made this possible.